OPSC ASO Syllabus 2022
Advt. No. 26 of 2021-22
Hello Aspirants, As we Know that you all have Applied for the Vacant Posts and Now You guys are waiting for the Syllabus. So here in this Posts we are providing the Detailed Syllabus with Exam Pattern & Selection Process.
|Name of Post||Assistant Section Officer (ASO)|
|Dates of Application Submission||20.01.2022 to 19.02.2022|
|Date of Written Exam||Announce Later|
|Selection Process||(i) Written Examination (Objective Type — Multiple Choice Questions)
(ii) Skill Test in Computer (Practical- Qualifying)
|Exam Pattern||Objective Type|
|No. of Questions in Written Exam||400|
|Max. Marks in Written Exam||400|
|No. of Questions in Skill Test||50|
|Max. Marks in Skill Test||50|
|Time Duration||Different According to the Posts|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
|Minimum Passing Marks|
- The Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Section Officers will be conducted in the following successive stages:
- Written Examination (Objective Type — Multiple Choice Questions)
- Skill Test in Computer (Practical- Qualifying)
- Only those candidates who have been short-listed after the Written Test shall be called for the Skill Test in Computer (Practical) by the Commission as provided at Appendix — I, which shall be of qualifying nature. One has to secure at least forty percent (40%) of the total marks in the Skill Test to qualify it.
- The Commission shall be competent to fix up the qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- Final ranking of the candidates shall be on the basis of marks obtained in the written, examination.
- In case of candidates securing same marks in the aggregate, the candidate securing higher marks in General Knowledge shall rank above others.
- In case the marks secured in General Knowledge is also the same, final ranking shall be determined on the basis of age i.e., the person older in age shall be placed above the younger.
Exam Pattern of written Exam is as Follows:-
- The Exam Will be Objective Type.
- The Exam Will be of 400 Marks/ Questions.
- For each wrong answer 0.25 marks shall be deducted from the marks awarded for correct answers.
- The candidates shall answer the questions in English except Odia language paper or otherwise specified in the question paper itself.
|Papers||Subjects||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|I||General Awareness||100||100||1 ½ hrs|
|II||(A) Test of Reasoning & Mental ability||50||50||1 ½ hrs|
|(B) Mathematics (10th Standard Level)||50||50|
|(a) English||100||100||2 hrs|
|IV||Skill Test in Computer Application (Practical)||50||05||1 hrs|
- Except the Skill Test in Computer Application (Practical), the questions in all other subjects shall be of Multiple-Choice Type and all questions will carry equal marks i.e., 01
- Only those candidates who have been shortlisted after the written test shall be called for Skill Test in Computer by the Commission which shall be of qualifying nature.
The Exam Syllabus Will be as Follows:
- Current National events,
- Current International events,
- History of British Rules in India and Freedom Struggle,
- Indian Constitution,
- Salient features of World Physical Geography,
- Physical Geography of India & Odisha
- Important aspects of Governance, Transparency & Accountability, e-governance, Role of Civil Service in democracy, Indian Economy and issues relating to Planning, Growth, Development and Employment, Poverty Alleviation, Resource Mobilisation and Inflation
- Defense & Indian Armed Forces,
- Scientific Inventions and use of Science in everyday life, issues of Environmental, Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate change.
- Important National & International Institutions, Organizations and fora – their Structure, mandate etc.
Test of Reasoning & Mental Ability:
- Number Series
- Alphabet Series
- Test of Direction Sense
- Number Ranking
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Problem of Age Calculation
- Non-verbal series
- Mirror Images
- Cubes & Dice
- Grouping Identical Figures
- Embedded figures, etc.
Mathematics (10th Standard Level):
- Mensuration (2D & 3D)
- Statistics & Probability
- Grammar: Verb, Preposition, Adverb, Subject Verb Agreement, Error Correction / Recognition, Tenses, Fill in the Blanks with Articles etc., Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Sentence Rearrangement
Skill Test in Computer Application (Practical):
Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Access, Usage of Internet Services.